Sunday, August 7, 2011

Harry Potter Houses

I know I am a little late, but my boyfriend and I just saw the movie last night in IMAX 3D. It was AWESOME!!! I only cried a little, he cried a bit more. :) I have read all the books and have been disappointed in the past by a couple of the movies, but this one stuck to the book very well and had the amazing graphics they have been known for. Now for the nails!

So from pink to thumb we have Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryphindor, then the sorting hat.

The pinky was done with Sally Hansen's Lightening for the yellow, and Orly's Liquid Vinyl for the black. I used tape, but I still appearantly suck at it, so the lines are still a little shakey.

My ring finger was also taped. I used Pure Ice Celestial for the blue and Sally Hansen's Guilty pleasure for the "bronze". I don't actually have a bronze, so it's more like gold.

My middle finger was done with Sally Hansen's Silver Sweep for the silver, and Wet and Wild's Sagreena the Teenage witch for the green. Attempted tape again, lost patience and free handed it.

My pointer was done wtih NYC big apple creme red and Sally Hansen Guilty pleasure for the gold. The only tape design i am happy with.

The sorting hat was done with Pure Ice Celestial for the background, stamped the stars with Konad special white, and then added the sorting hat by stamping with Silver sweep.

Then I topped them all off with my new spectra flair topcoat (specific blog for it coming soon!). But you cannot really see the effect in my shots.

All in all I am happy with this design. But I also did Voldy nails that I liked more, which I will post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment